1. Do not bite (copy) someone else work. Your freestyle must be 100% original material and shall not infringe upon any third party copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights nor shall it contain any vulgar words and sexually explicit lyrics.
2. The language and dialect to be used in the battle is either English, Pidgin or any of the 3 major languages spoken in Nigeria.
3. The song lyrics (punch line) should focus more on the theme topic selected for that round of battle. LYRICS must contain the contents about the theme topic announced. The music MUST NOT CONTAIN offensive content or language and must be suitable for a general audience.
4. The organizer/promoter will appoint the timekeeper. He/She will be provided with a stopwatch and will be responsible for indicating the end of each round. The clock starts from the beginning of the first line spoken/song by the competitor.
5. For each round of competition each contestants will be given two rounds each for two (2) minutes. In case of a tie another round (OT) will be provided to break the tie.
6. Each contestant must sing/rhyme over the same beat as their opponent.
7. By participating in this event you permit the recording of your contributions and assign to the organisers the complete copyright and all other rights in your contributions for use in all media.
8. Competitors who are rude, abusive or deemed otherwise unsuitable by the organisers will be disqualified from the competition.